DrillScan EUROPE | Pau | FRANCE
Full Time (CDI) – French contract.
DrillScan owns and develops 3 software platforms: WellScan®, BitScan® and WebScan/LiveScan®.
These solutions use innovative codes to provide engineering and consulting services to Operators and Service Companies of the O&G, Geothermal and Gas Storage industries in every phase of a project: pre-engineering, real time execution and post-well analyses.
Our domains of excellence are Drilling Optimization, Directional Drilling, BHA modelling, Bit modelling, Drilling Dynamics, Drilling Bit Performance / MSE analysis, Drill String Mechanics, Torque and Drag, Buckling, Tubular Fatigue, Drilling Hydraulics, Well Planning, Wellbore Survey Management, Casing Wear, Casing Design.
DrillScan provides objective scientific analysis and robust independent solutions to the industry. Our clients highly recognise our solutions, services and market positioning. DrillScan work force is about 25 employees worldwide. DrillScan is currently established in Houston (USA), Lyon (France) and Pau (France), Perth (Australia), Stavanger (Norway). The current job offer relates to the Pau office.
Effective 21st Aug 2019 DrillScan was fully acquired by and has full backing of H&P a major US land drilling contractor providing unique drilling automation solutions: https://www.hpinc.com/
The Pau area south-west France is a pleasant working area niched in the Pyrenees’ mountains foothills, close to the ocean and to the Spanish border. The area offers excellent life quality, cultural events and outdoor activities.
About the Job:
DrillScan EUROPE is looking for a confirmed drilling engineer. The successful candidate will assist the technical director coaching and managing the production of 5 to 6 DEs as wells as perform engineering studies, consulting services and real-time support using DrillScan software platforms.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Specific duties may include but are not limited to:
- Manage drilling engineering production work plan, validate quotations and invoices
- Coaching team’s drilling engineers on engineering studies to be delivered to clients
- QAQC and validation of drilling engineers’ studies prior delivering same to clients
- Use of DrillScan software platforms to perform drilling engineering studies
- RT drilling data analysis recommending optimum drilling parameters and/or way forward
- Develop strong relationships and maintains regular contact with clients
- Handle special projects as assigned
- Promote H&P and DrillScan’ s software, training and services
- Provide Training on DrillScan software platforms to clients
- Demonstrates the H&Pinc values: Actively C.A.R.E., Service Attitude, Innovative Spirit, and Teamwork.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in petroleum engineering and/or mechanical engineering
- 7-10 years’ experience in the Well Construction drilling industry, preferably acquired with an Operator and/or a Service Company specialized in Directional Drilling and MWD/LWD
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Fluent written and spoken English and French are a pre-requisite on applicant’s selection.
Competencies and skills:
- A self-starter with experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Drilling Engineering, and factors that affects drilling performance.
- Highly proficient in the use of drilling engineering software.
- Good learning, analysis and synthesis skills. Effectiveness in problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and good presentation.
- Demonstrated capabilities writing technical papers.
- At ease presenting technical topics at conferences or to clients’ audiences.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- French native, or France resident.
- Some travel required, consulting services in the clients’ offices and potential rig site visits.
- Established or willing to move in the Pau area south west France.
- Driving license required.
- Starting Q3 2020.
- Salary based on the candidate’s experience.
- Bonus scheme based on H&Pinc global performances and personal objectives.
- French employment contract with associated benefits.
- Benefits include French health care and pension system.
– Your resume and a cover letter
– A two pages synthesis on a personal achievement related to an advanced Drilling & Completion technical project/topic.
– SPE or other technical publications’ references as author/co-author are welcome.
to email@example.com, cc: firstname.lastname@example.org