DrillScan will be in The Hague (Netherlands) for the SPE/IADC International Conference & Exhibition – 5-7 March 2019 Please visit our booth #68 It will be the opportunity for you to discuss with Stéphane Menand and Loïc Brillaud about our drilling optimisation software suite (WellScan®, BitScan®, LiveScan®, and our REST API) as well as our […]
DrillScan will be in Stavanger (Norway) for the ONS – Conference & Exhibition – 27-30 August 2018
DrillScan, société éditrice de logiciel de forage, est une structure en croissance constante et qui, pour continuer de grandir, se développe à l’international. L’amélioration de la situation dans l’industrie de l’Oil & Gas génère de nouvelles opportunités, mais avant d’établir une structure dans un pays donné, il est nécessaire de sonder et d’analyser la situation réelle. Déjà présente en Amérique du Nord par son bureau de Houston, DrillScan a pu, grâce au soutien de la région Auvergne Rhône-Alpes, ouvrir un poste de VIE à Buenos Aires en Novembre 2017.
A geothermal well doublet producing from a 75°C aquifer, had been operated for over 29 years. The last calliper run performed to control the ID of the 9 5/8” casing indicated there was corrosion and sediments clogging the inner side walls of the injector well, which was hindering production. To regain well integrity, a workover was performed to clean out the 9 5/8” casing in order to reline it. During the workover operations, a cement squeeze-flash occurred causing the 3 ½” drill string being stuck in hole. Remedial operations using coiled tubing was stopped after over two weeks of unsuccessful attempts. The injector well was then suspended with a cement plug set on top of the fish.
Microdoglegs are a natural effect of any vertical or directional well that can explain a wide variety of downhole problems. A trajectory-prediction model able to calculate the inclination and azimuth approximately every 12 in. has been developed to estimate microdoglegs using standard surveys, bottomhole-assembly (BHA) data, and steering parameters. This new methodology combining downhole data measurements with drillstring-modeling analysis highlights the potential for drilling optimization and wellbore placement.
- DrillScan will be at the SPE/IADC International Conference & Exhibition – 5-7 March 2019, The Hague (Netherlands)19 February 2019 - 17 h 52 min
- DrillScan at the ONS Exhibition & Conference27-30 August 2017, Stavanger (Norway)21 July 2018 - 14 h 10 min
- What To Do When RSS Is Not An Option Due To Tight Budget13 July 2018 - 8 h 38 min
- SPE188861 : Wellbore Trajectory Quality Management : A key Approach to Safe Casing & Completion Strings Deployment in Complex Wells
- SPE188865 : Using Aluminium Drill Pipe with Axial Oscillation Tools to Significantly Improve Drilling Performance
- AADE paper : Use of Mechanical Specific Energy Calculation in Real-Time to Better Detect Vibrations and Bit Wear While Drilling