By: Florent COULIOU This ERD well in a Deepwater field has reached TD after 22 days. Tens of millions of dollars have been spent already. Now comes the tricky part: running the lower completion string. This is to connect the wellbore to the reservoir. If something goes wrong, those tens of millions of dollars will […]
A geothermal well doublet producing from a 75°C aquifer, had been operated for over 29 years. The last calliper run performed to control the ID of the 9 5/8” casing indicated there was corrosion and sediments clogging the inner side walls of the injector well, which was hindering production. To regain well integrity, a workover was performed to clean out the 9 5/8” casing in order to reline it. During the workover operations, a cement squeeze-flash occurred causing the 3 ½” drill string being stuck in hole. Remedial operations using coiled tubing was stopped after over two weeks of unsuccessful attempts. The injector well was then suspended with a cement plug set on top of the fish.
- How To Run Mixed Lower Completion String To Bottom in Deepwater Extended-Reach Well6 April 2018 - 8 h 19 min
- How to get out of a predicament of an unexpected side-track12 February 2018 - 10 h 35 min
- DrillScan attending the SPE/IADC Drilling Conference & Exhibition, 29-31 Jan 2018, Abu Dhabi , UAE15 December 2017 - 11 h 25 min
- SPE188861 : Wellbore Trajectory Quality Management : A key Approach to Safe Casing & Completion Strings Deployment in Complex Wells
- SPE188865 : Using Aluminium Drill Pipe with Axial Oscillation Tools to Significantly Improve Drilling Performance
- AADE paper : Use of Mechanical Specific Energy Calculation in Real-Time to Better Detect Vibrations and Bit Wear While Drilling