By: Loïc BRILLAUD
In 2015, DrillScan was brought in onto an HPHT multi-well development field. The objectives were to anticipate, monitor and mitigate the wear generated on the 13 5/8”x14” production casing on each well. This project is still on-going, and we have learned a great deal about solving the casing wear problem over the past 5 years.
Our casing wear model has been calibrated and proven with the actual data as the first wells get drilled and we have also developed a robust workflow that integrates nicely in the client’s well delivery process.
This has allowed the client to predict casing wear and plan the mitigation measures with a high confidence level.
As a result, all wells have been drilled without exceeding the casing wear allowance.
Results & Benefits
The key benefits of this approach:
- Optimize well design at planning phase and anticipate potential high levels of Casing Wear.
- Save rig time by removing the need for an initial MFCT log.
- Monitor wear while drilling and ease decision making.
- Quantify the potential impact of wear mitigation tools and plan for adequate measures if necessary.
- Ensure wear limits are not exceeded and minimize casing-wear related risks for the well.
Of course, this methodology can be adapted to your wells’ specific challenges: this solution can be customized.
If you have a concern with casing wear in your current project, or if you want to dig in a little deeper on one of the topics covered in this white paper, send an email to email@example.com to reach one of our specialists involved in this project for a free consultation..